Anoop K. P.
Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (IEOR), IIT Bombay
- PhD (Logistics and Supply Chain Management) – National Institute of Technology Calicut (2020)
- M. Tech. (Advanced Manufacturing and Mechanical Systems Design) – Kannur University (2014)
- B. Tech. (Production Engineering) – University of Calicut (2012)
Application of Operations Research and Simulation based methods for solving problems in freight logistics and supply chain management
Railway crew planning – working in association with Central Railway.
- Ph. D. thesis – ‘Models and Methods for Freight Transportation Planning in a Food-grain Supply Chain’ - focuses on improving the transportation of food grains within the network of warehouses controlled by Food Corporation of India (FCI), Kerala Region.
- M. Tech. thesis – ‘Optimization of Mixing of Food Grains and Development of a Traceability System in Public Distribution System’ – inspired from the case of Food Corporation of India (FCI)
- B. Tech. Main Project – ‘Design and Manufacture of Drill Jig’ - carried out at HMT Machine Tools Ltd. Kalamassery, Ernakulam, Kerala.
Principal Investigator of the sponsored project titled Development of a Decision Support System for Multimodal freight Transportation Planning with a special application for FCI Kerala Region.
Funding agency: Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE)
B. G. Raghavendra Memorial Award for the research paper presented at the 49th Annual Convention of the Operational Research Society of India and International Conference on ‘Analytics in Operational Research.’
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES:
- Delivered a session on “Integrated planning of operations for freight services including crew planning" jointly with Prof. Narayan Rangaraj in the webinar “Advances in Transportation Sector: Techno-management challenges” organized by National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), Vadodara.
- Delivered sessions on “AMPL Optimization Software” in the online Short Term Training Program on “SOFTWARE PACKAGES FOR MATHEMATICS IN ENGINEERING” organized by Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Thrissur.
- Worked in the consultancy project of NIT Calicut on conveyor layout design for the LPG bottling plant facility of Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Cochin.
- Teamed with the research supervisor for a work focus study at Caltech Polymers Private Ltd., Kakkencherry, Kozhikode, as part of a consultancy project of NIT Calicut.
- Delivered an expert lecture on the topic ‘Food Grain Supply Chain Management’ in the MHRD TEQIP-III sponsored Faculty Development Program on ‘Models and Methods for Supply Chain Decisions’ organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Calicut under twinning with Government Engineering College Bharatpur.
- Delivered an expert lecture on the topic ‘An Overview of Food Grain Logistics Research’ in the short-term training program on ‘Research Methodology for Science, Engineering and Management’ organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, NIT Calicut.
- Delivered an invited talk on ‘Case Studies on Food Grain Logistics’ during the one-day workshop on ‘Supply Chain Management: An Overview’ at Vidya Academy of Science and Technology, Thrissur.
- Delivered a research presentation on ‘Software Tools for Data Analysis’ at Muthoot Institute of Technology and Science, Ernakulam.
COURSES ASSOCIATED WITH:
Quantitative methods in Supply Chain Management – IEOR, IIT Bombay (Course faculty: Prof. Narayan Rangaraj); January – May 2021
Flows in Transportation Networks, National Rail and Transportation Institute, Vadodara (Jointly with Prof. Narayan Rangaraj); March – June 2021
Introduction to AnyLogic simulation software (part of Naval Operations Analysis course) - IEOR, IIT Bombay (Course faculty for Simulation: Prof. Jayendran Venkateswaran); March 2021
- Member, World Conference on Transportation Research Society
- Executive Member, Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering (IIIE) Kozhikode Chapter.
- AMPL-CPLEX optimization package
- Arena simulation package
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
Anoop, K. P., Panicker, V. V. and Pathari, V., 2021. Food grain rake allocation planning considering inventory and warehouse parameters – A model and application for India. Research in Transportation Business & Management, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rtbm.2021.100628
Anoop, K. P. and Panicker, V. V., 2020. Multimodal transportation planning with freight consolidation and volume discount on rail freight rate. Transportation Letters, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/19427867.2020.1852504
- Anoop, K. P. and Panicker, V. V., 2020. Redirecting freight trains: an exact optimization approach. Transportation Research Procedia, Vol. 48, pp. 137-149. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2020.08.012
- Anoop, K. P., Panicker, V. V., Das, A. S., Abhishek, T., Vadlamani, P. S. and Akhil, U. S., 2020. Simulation modelling and analysis of warehouse operations in a food grain supply chain. International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 465-487. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1504/IJLSM.2020.111853
- Sawant, N. V., Panicker, V. V. and Anoop, K. P., 2020. Development of Predictive Models for rail-wagon detention in Food Grain Logistics: A Technological Intervention. International Journal of Value Chain Management, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 250-272. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1504/IJVCM.2020.109238
- Anoop, K. P., Panicker, V. V., Narayanan, M. and Sunil Kumar, C. T., 2018. A mathematical model and solution methods for rail freight transportation planning in an Indian food grain supply chain. Sadhana, Vol. 43, No. 200. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12046-018-0958-z
- Anoop, K. P., Panicker, V. V. and Sunil Kumar, C. T., 2016. Operations of Food Corporation of India: An Overview. Industrial Engineering Journal, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 29-35.
- Anoop, K. P. and Panicker, V. V., 2016. Heuristic based Transportation Planning for a Food Grain Supply Chain. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence (ICBAI), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, December 19-21, 2016.
- Anoop, K. P. and Panicker, V. V., 2016. Rail-road transportation planning for a food grain supply chain. In Proceedings of the 49th Annual Convention of the Operational Research Society of India and International Conference on Analytics in Operational Research, Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida, New Delhi, India, December 12-14, 2016.
- Anoop, K. P. and Panicker, V. V., 2016. Freight Transportation Planning in a Multimodal Transportation Network. In Proceedings of the 58th National Convention of Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering and International Conference on Smart Strategies for Digital World - Industrial Engineering Perspective, Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering & Management, Nagpur, India, October 21-22, 2016.
- Anoop, K. P., Manu, N. and Panicker, V. V., 2016. Optimization and Simulation of the Transportation Plan in a Food-grain Supply Chain. In Proceedings of the National Conference on Industrial Engineering & Technology Management (NCIETM 2016), National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai, India, November 17-19, 2016.
- Anoop, K. P., Rangaraj, N. and Belur, M., 2021. Integrated planning of freight operations with crew change in a mixed rail network. In: Raghuram, G and Thakkar, J. J. (eds) Advances in Transportation Sector: Techno-management challenges. (In production).
- Sawant, N. V., Panicker, V. V. and Anoop, K. P., 2021. Predictive Analytics in Food Grain Logistics: Supervised Machine Learning Approach. In: Tyagi, M., Sachdeva, A. and Sharma, V. (eds) Optimization Methods in Engineering. Lecture Notes on Multidisciplinary Industrial Engineering. Springer, Singapore.