Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
Office: Room 205, Second Floor, IEOR Building
Tel: +91 22 2576 7885
B. Tech (Electrical and Electronics Engg.), College of Engineering, Kakinada
M. Tech (Control Systems Engg., EE), IIT Kharagpur
Ph. D. (Dept. of Computer Science and Automation), IISc
My current research interests include:
- Operations Research methodologies like Markov decision models, Queueing models, Game theory, etc.
- Application areas include Communication networks, Supply chains, Financial Engineering, Logistics and Power systems
This semester I am teaching IE 616 Decision analysis and game theory, core course for IEOR MSc-PhD (OR) and an elective first year MTech and PhD students.
Some recent teaching: IE 601 Optimization Techniques, IE 712 Selected applications of stochastic models, IE 616 Decision analysis and game theory, IE 802 Topics in IEOR (topics being stochastic approximations or queueing models or Brownian motion), IE718 Networks, Games and Algorithms, IE 708 Markov decision processes, IE 707 Multiplayer decision making models (with Prof. Mallikarjuna Rao), IE 605 Engineering Statistics, IE 614 Linear Sysytems, IE 611 Introduction to stochastic models, IE 612 Introduction to Financial Engineering
I have developed these courses at IITB:
- IE 611 - Introduction to Stochastic Models
- IE 712 - Selected Applications of Stochastic Models
- IE 612 - Introduction to Financial Engineering
- IE 708 - Markov Decision Processes
Other professional activities
- I have spent a Sabbatical at Dept. of CSA, IISc
- With Prof Y. Narahari and his students, I worked on some Mechanism Design (Protocol Engineering) problems arising from supply chains.
- With Prof S. Bhatnagar and his students, I worked on some problems involving simulation based optimization and stochastic approximations, arising from Communication Networks, etc.
- I regularly review articles for many journals and conferences