To earn an Undergraduate Minor in IEOR, students need to earn 30 credits of coursework in theory courses, as per the curriculum below:
|Sl. No.||Course No.||Course Name||Credits||Pre-requisites|
|1||IE 501||Optimization Models||2-1-0-6||None|
|2||IE 502||Probabilistic Models||2-1-0-6||None|
IE 503 or
Service and Infrastructure
|4||2 IE Electives||2 IE labelled electives*||Subject to satisfaction
requirements, if any
* 2 IE labelled electives:
Any two IE labelled theory courses (subject to satisfaction of pre-requisite requirements, as applicable), but excluding IE505, IE507, IE605, IE614, IE684.
- The registration limit is 20 students per Minor division of a course.
- The actual set of courses which has Minor divisions will be announced at the beginning of each semester.
- Of the set of courses allowed for Minor, at least one course will be offered in slot 5, and the other minor courses can be in any other slot.
- It is suggested that the students complete IE501, IE502 and (IE503 or IE504) before choosing any other IE labelled Electives.
- We recommend that students take IE labelled electives as Minor courses during their 5th semester and beyond, subject to other Institute norms.
- All currently active students of the batch of 2010 (Dual Degree), 2011 (Btech or DD), 2012 (Btech or DD), 2013 (Btech or DD) can claim any IE labelled courses they have successfully cleared in the past for a Minor in IEOR, subject to other Institute rules.
- The list of IE labelled courses, along with their syllabus and pre-requisite requirements are available, under Academics > IEOR Courses.