Applications invited for Faculty Positions
Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (IEOR) at IIT Bombay invites applications for faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor. Candidates with proven research work and training in one or more areas will be considered:
- Contemporary operations management both in services (including energy, finance, health and logistics sectors) and products (including digital products).
- Quantitative models, including data driven models for pricing and revenue management, contract design, procurement, service level planning, resource allocation, staffing and other areas.
- System Dynamics and Simulation including distributed and hybrid simulation, and simulation based optimization.
Candidates with excellent research work and very good academic background in all other areas of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, broadly construed, will continue to be considered.
IEOR faculty members are primarily expected to create and maintain a strong research programme. In addition, they are also expected to train very good IEOR professionals by teaching and developing Masters and Doctoral level courses, supervise Masters and Doctoral students, and contribute to the academic and intellectual environment of the department. IEOR faculty members can expect full support from the Department and the Institute in taking their academic activities to the next level.
Interested candidates are required to provide the following material in order to receive full consideration:
- Complete curriculum vitae,
- Research and teaching statements,
- Copies of a few key publications, and
- A list of at least three references.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the department for a day and give a seminar based on their research activities.
Candidates can send the above material via email to head.ieor[AT]iitb.ac.in, or by post to Convenor, IEOR Interdisciplinary Programme, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India. Applications can be sent in throughout the year; there is no application deadline.