International Simulation Conference of India (ISCI 2012)
The International Simulation Conference of India (ISCI) 2012 was organized by IE & OR, IIT Bombay, in association with Production Modeling Corporation (PMC) and Operational Research Society of India (ORSI) - Mumbai Chapter. The conference was first-of-its-kind premier international forum in India for sharing and spreading recent developments in the field of system simulation. The conference was held on 2nd-4th February 2012 at the Victor Menezes Convention Center, IIT Bombay. There were about 175 participants from 71 different organizations, including industry professionals, researchers, and students.
The conference hosted 6 keynote addresses, 50 paper presentations, 4 vendor talks, 2 software (Simul8) tutorial sessions and 1 panel discussion, spread over 2.5 days. The conference paper presentation convered a range of topics, grouped into the following tracks: Supply Chain Modeling and Analysis, Manufacturing 1 & 2, Transportation, Monte Carlo Methods, Financial Engineering, System Dynamics & Systems Approach, Simulation Software & Modeling, General Engineering 1 & 2 and Industry Case Studies. The keynote speakers were:
- Dr. Sanjay Jain, George Washington University, USA (Topic: Simulation: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly)
- Dr. Mark Elder, Simul8 Corporation, USA (Topic: Simulation drives Efficient Management)
- Dr. Shalabh Bhatnagar, IISc Bangalore (Topic: Optimization via Simulation: An Overview and some recent results in Discrete Parameter Optimization)
- Mr. Randy Combs, General Motors, USA (Topic: Challenges and Opportunities in Incorporating Simulation as a Decision Support Tool for Automotive Manufacturing)
- Dr. Bjorn Johansson, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden (Topic: Simulation for Sustainable Manufacturing)
- Dr. Young-Jun Son, The University of Arizona, Tucson, USA (Topic: Distributed Federatiion of Multi-Paradigm Simulations and Decision Models for Extended Manufacturing and Service Enterprises (delivered via Skype))
The conference was sponsored by Simul8 Corporation, ANSYS, Extended Answers and Flexsim.
The conference proceedings and the book of abstracts are available at <http://www.ieor.iitb.ac.in/files/ieorweb/ISCI2012/index.html>.
- Organizing & Programme Committee
- A few pictures
Information about the past and future ISCI conferences is available at http://www.indiasim.org