Prerequisite: Exposure to relevant concepts at undergraduate level and instructor consent
Strategic service vision, service concepts and strategy, Understanding services, focus on customers, customer service management; Design and delivery of the services, Managing capacity and demand, Service quality and productivity, Globalization of services, Service Network; IT Enabled services, Design and operation of systems for eBusiness ;
Business Process Management - process analysis, reengineering, process measurement and effectiveness;
Management science application in services- Applications of inventory models, location analysis, queuing theory, operations scheduling, economic analysis, decision models, utility theory, simulation modeling, performance evaluation with data envelopment analysis, AHP and productivity models, evaluation of the dynamics of enablers, inhibitors and results ;
Management Control systems -control processes, performance measurement, variations in management control and modern control systems, management control of projects, management control of reliability;
BPO and Services marketing
Applications of Technology management, Benchmarking, Customer relationship management, Data mining and Knowledge management
- James A. Fitzsimmons and Mona J. Fitzsimmons (2000(T)), Service Management: Operation, Strategy and JIT, Third Edition, McGraw-Hill, Inc, NY.
- Joseph M. Juran (1992), Quality by Design, The Free press.
- R. Kalakota and A. B. Whiston (1999), Frontier of Electronic Commerce, Addison-Wesley.
- R. N. Anthony and V. Govindarajan (1998), Management Control Systems, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Co. Ltd.
- K. D. Hoffmann and J. E. G. Bateson (2002), Essentials of Services Marketing, Thomson South Western College Publishing.
- M. J. A. Berry and G. S. Linoff (2001), Mastering Data Mining-The Art and Science of CRM, John Wiley & Sons Inc