IEOR offers an M.Tech. degree in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research. The M.Tech. programme is carefully designed, with a right mix of tools, techniques, theory and applications, to prepare students for a professional career in the area. The curriculum involves compulsory courses, electives and a 14 month long research project (M.Tech Thesis). Through the research work, the student is expected to exhibit the ability to think independently and make significant contributions to the field of IEOR.
|Duration:||Full time:||2 years (4 semesters)|
|Part time:||3 years (6 semesters)|
|Curriculum Structure (2020 Batch onward; Full Time)|
|IE507||Modeling & Computation Lab||0||1||3||5|
|IE621||Probability & Stochastic Processes I||3||0||0||6|
|IE609||Mathematical Optimisation Techniques||3||0||0||6|
|IE630||Simulation Modeling & Analysis||3||0||0||6|
|Elective (if not taken in Semester 1)||3||0||0||6|
Semester-wise Credits Distribution for M.Tech
|Electives (Department/ Institute electives)||0-6||18||6-0||-||24|
|Seminar + Communication Skills||-||4+4*||-||-||4+4*|
For M. Tech 2019 or earlier Click here
- Electives: Of the minimum of 4 electives (24 credits) required, at least 1 Institute elective (6 credits) and at least 2 IE labeled department electives to be taken.
- Electives need not be done in Semester 1 and can be done in Semester 3 instead.
- Reserved Category Students (full time M. Tech), can spread their coursework over 4 semesters. In that case they need to do MTP along with courses in 3rd and 4th semesters. Contact your Faculty Advisor to plan your coursework.
- Part-time (3 year M. Tech) students can spread their courses over 4 semesters, followed by projects in semesters 5 and 6. Contact your Faculty Advisor to plan your coursework.
- M. Tech Thesis topics are typically allotted in the 2nd semester.
- On MTP 1 and MTP 2: MTP 1 presentation & evaluation is held at the end of 3rd semester (October); and MTP 2 final presentation & evaluation is held at the end of 4th semester (May-June). The final defence (MTP 2) will include an External Examiner from outside IITB and an External Chairman from outside IEOR Department.
- Visit the List of Courses to view the choice of electives and the course contents.
- General rules and regulations of the M.Tech Programme can be found at IITB academics page.