Applications invited for Faculty Positions (2020)
Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (IEOR) at IIT Bombay invites applications for multiple faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor (Grade I and II). We are looking for outstanding and motivated candidates with a Ph.D. (or about to get a Ph.D.) in Operations Research, Systems & Industrial Engineering or in a related discipline. Candidates are required to have excellent and proven research track record, very good academic background and strong teaching capabilities.
Candidates working in all areas of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, broadly construed, are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to the following areas:
- Quantitative methods and insightful models for contemporary operations and services management, including logistics, health, energy, security, finance, pricing, contracts, service level planning, big data / business analytics.
- Nonlinear optimisation, combinatorial optimisation, large-scale optimisation, meta-heuristics (evolutionary algorithms, swarm algorithms, etc), multi-level and distributed optimisation, data-driven/ real-time optimisation, and related areas, with applications in the broad areas of IE and OR.
- Multi-paradigm simulation methods, agent based / discrete-event/ system dynamics methodology, distributed/ hybrid simulations, simulation-based optimisation, and related areas, with applications in the broad areas of IE and OR.
- Network science, data science, probabilistic modeling and analysis, multi-player systems, strategic interactions among engineering systems, and related areas, with applications in the broad areas of IE and OR.
IEOR faculty members are expected to create and maintain a strong research and teaching programme. They are expected to train very good IEOR professionals by teaching and developing graduate and undergraduate level courses, supervise Masters and Doctoral students, and contribute to the academic and intellectual environment of the department. Faculty are also expected to actively undertake sponsored projects/ research grants, and participate in various outreach activities. IEOR Department and the Institute are committed to fostering an academic environment that can help professional development of faculty members.
Interested candidates are required to provide the following material in order to receive full consideration:
- Complete curriculum vitae,
- Research statement,
- Teaching statement,
- Copies of a few key publications, and
- A list of at least three references.
- Application form for External Candidates available at <http://www.iitb.ac.in/en/careers/faculty-recruitment>
Candidates are also requested to also visit <http://www.iitb.ac.in/en/careers/faculty-recruitment> for other general details on faculty recruitment.
Candidates can send the above material via email to head.ieor [AT] iitb.ac.in, or by post to “Head, IEOR, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India”. Applications are welcome throughout the year.
Shortlisted candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the department for a day (within 4 months from the date of application) to give a seminar, and interact with current faculty and students.