Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (IEOR) IIT Bombay, is looking for outstanding and motivated candidates with a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Systems Engineering or in any related discipline. Candidates are required to have excellent and proven research track record, very good academic background and strong teaching capabilities.
IEOR faculty members are expected to create and maintain a strong research and teaching programme. The faculty are expected to regularly publish/ present their works in top journals and leading conferences. They are also expected to train very good IEOR professionals by teaching graduate and undergraduate level courses, design new courses, develop research/ teaching labs, supervise Masters and Doctoral students, and contribute to the academic and intellectual environment of the department. Faculty are also expected to actively undertake sponsored projects/ research grants, and participate in various outreach activities. IEOR Department and the Institute are committed to fostering an academic environment that can help professional development of faculty members.
Additional details on various benefits, entitlements, expectations and responsibilities can be found in IITB Faculty Handbook.
Current Application Call for ALL posts:
- Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor / Professor posts (Advertisement No. I-32/2022-23)
- Special Recruitment Drive for SC/ST/OBC-NC (Advertisement No. J-7/2023-24) for the position of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor
- Foreign Faculty and Post Doctoral Fellows (Advt)
- Eligibility Criteria for Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in IEOR
- Professor of Practice (Click link for details)
- Institute Post-doctoral Fellows Recruitment
Areas of Specialisation call-for Assistant / Associate/ Full Professor
The candidate should have an excellent academic and research background in Industrial Engineering (IE), Operations Research (OR) or allied areas, with a strong quantitative / computational approach in modeling and analysis. Specific areas:
- Contemporary issues in logistics and supply chains, including network optimisation, resilient supply chains, digital twin & Internet-of-Things, supply chain analytics, sustainable operations, pricing & revenue management, or related areas.
- Application of IE and OR in areas of health-care operations, financial engineering, smart city, security, or related areas.
- Simulation, stochastic optimisation, robust optimisation, multiplayer/ multi-agent systems, artificial intelligence & machine learning methods, or related areas with demonstrated applications in the areas of IE and OR.
Candidates with exceptional credentials in any area of IE and OR, in addition to the above specific areas, may be considered.
Interested candidates are requested to visit the IITB Faculty Recruitment Page and submit their application for IEOR via the Online Portal mentioned against the advertisement. Ensure that the following material are submitted via the portal to receive full consideration: (1) Complete curriculum vitae, (2) research statement, (3) teaching statement, (4) copies of at least 3 publications, and (5) the filled application form.
Applications are welcome throughout the year. For consideration in next round, apply before 31 October, 2023. Kindly email head.ieor [at] iitb.ac.in for any queries.
Candidates are also requested to also visit <https://www.iitb.ac.in/en/careers/faculty-recruitment> for other details and latest call-for on faculty recruitment.