Prerequisite: Exposure to relevant concepts at undergraduate level and instructor consent
Multi-terminal Maximal flows, Multi-terminal shortest paths. Multi commodity flows. Synthesis of networks. The general minimal cost flow problem, Minimal cost calculation, Network simplex Method. Matching problems and the bottleneck assignment problem. Application to vehicle routing problems. Determination of size and schedules for transportation fleets. Synchronization of signalized interactions. Project Scheduling with resource constraints, Network flows in the economy, Input-output analysis.
- R. T. Rockafellar (1984), Network Flows and Monotropic Optimization, Wiley.
- R. K. Ahuja, T. L. Magnanti, and J. B. Orlin (1993), Network Flows: Theory Algorithms and Applications, Prentice Hall.
- M. S. Bazaraa, J. J. Jarvis, and H. D. Sherali (1990), Linear Programming and Network Flows, 2nd Edition, John Wiley, New York.
- L. R. Ford, and D. R. Fulkerson (1962), Flow in Networks, Princeton University Press, Princeton.
- T. C. Hu (1969), Integer Programming and Network Flows, Addison-Wesley.
- P. A. Steenbrink (1974), Optimization of Transportation Networks, Wiley.
- M. Iri (1969), Transportation, Schedulling and Network flows, Academic Press.
- Edward Minieka (1978), Optimization Algorithms for Networks and Graphs, Marcel Dekker, New York.
- V. Chvatal (1983), Linear Programming, New York, Freeman W.H..