Prerequisite: Exposure to relevant concepts at undergraduate level and instructor consent
Examples of integer programmes; capital budgeting, multicommodity, distribution, airline crew scheduling, truck delivery problems. Cutting plane methods, Dual fractional integer and mixed programming, Dual and primal all integer algorithms. Branch and bound methods, surrogate constraints, Recursions for the Knapsack problems, a periodic property of solutions; group knapsack problem. Set covering and set partitioning problem.
- H.M. Salkin (1975), Integer Programming, Addison Wesly.
- R.S. Garfinkel and G.L. Nemhauser (1972), Integer Programming, Wiley-interscience
- T.C.Hu (1969), Integer programming and Network Flows, Addison Wiley.
- H. Taha (1971), Integer programming, Academic Press.
- H. Greenberg (1971), Integer Programming, Academic Press.
- G. L. Nemhauser, and L. A. Wolsey (1999), Integer and Combinatorial Optimization, Wiley Interscience
- C. H. Papadimitriou and K. Steiglitz (1998), Combinatorial Optimization: Algorithms and Complexity, Dover Publications.