Industrial Engineering and Operations Research Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Supervisor Prof. Ashutosh Mahajan
- Nonconvex Optimization
- Software and Algorithms for Optimization
- Combinatorial Optimization
I am working on developing a Global Optimization solver for Mixed Integer Quadratically Constrained Quadratic Programs(MIQCQP). I am extending MINOTAUR solver, which is developed for convex MINLPs, to solve nonconvex MIQCQPs. We have been looking at tightening variable bounds for such nonconvex problems. Currently, I am working on developing general purpose cutting planes for MIQCQP which are derived from the simplex tableau for linear relaxations. We prove that our procedure always separates an infeasible LP solution from the relaxation.
- Mustafa Vora, Ashutosh Mahajan, Shweta Ramesh, System for Preparing Institute Timetable: Practical issues in timetabling for a university presented at 30th European Conference on Operational Research 2019 at Dublin, Ireland
- Mustafa Vora, Ashutosh Mahajan, Timetabling for large courses: Practical insights and mathematical modelling presented at 52nd Annual Convention of ORSI & International Conference at IIM Ahmedabad,India
Teaching and Workshops
- Attended Large Scale Optimization Workshop held at Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad - May 2022
- Teaching Assistant for IE 609 - Mathematical Optimization Techniques - Autumn 2021, Autumn 2020
- Teaching Assistant for IE 716 - Integer Programming - Spring 2021
- Teaching Assistant for IE 709 - IEOR in Healthcare - Spring 2020, Spring 2022
- Teaching Assistant for IE 601 - Optimization Techniques - Autumn 2019
- Teaching Assistant for Naval Operations Analysis - Spring 2020, Spring 2021, Spring 2022
- Co-taught a workshop on Solving Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Optimization Problems with Minotaur along with Ashutosh Mahajan, Prashant Palkar, Meenarli Sharma at 52nd Annual Convention of ORSI &International Conference at IIM Ahmedabad, India.
Analyst, Indus Momentus Business Solutions, Mumbai - August 2016 - June 2018
I was responsible for end-to-end implementation of Advanced Planning and Scheduling system at various client sites
- PhD (2018-present), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering (2012-2016), Institute of Technology, Nirma University.
I like to play board games, Sudokus, and other puzzle games. I also like to do coding and making small fun coding projects.
Email id - firstname.lastname@example.org
IEOR lab: (+91) 022 2576 4807