Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
Office: Room 205, Second Floor, IEOR Building
Tel: +91 22 2576 7885
B. Tech (Electrical and Electronics Engg.), College of Engineering, Kakinada
M. Tech (Control Systems Engg., EE), IIT Kharagpur
Ph. D. (Dept. of Computer Science and Automation), IISc
My current research interests include:
- Operations Research methodologies like Machine Learning including Reinforcement Learning and Neural Networks, Markov decision models, Queueing models, Game theory, etc.
- Application areas include Communication networks, Supply chains, Financial Engineering, Logistics and Power systems
This semester I am teaching IE718 Networks, Games and Algorithms, a postgraduate elective.
Tutorial on Label Noise Robustness: Here is a link to a online Tutorial and Slides. This IEEE DSAA2020 tutorial is mostly by my former PhD student Sandhya Tripathi, now a PostDoc at School of Medicine, Washington Univ at St Louis; label noise robustness is a good part of her PhD thesis.
Some recent teaching: IE 683 Topics in Learning Algorithms, and a sort of new course IE622 Probability and Stochastic Processes II and parts of IE 684 IEOR Lab, IE615 IE 615 Data Analytics in OR, IE802 Topics in IEOR (topics being kernel methods in machine learning, stochastic approximations, martingale theory, queueing models or Brownian motion), IE 601 Optimization Techniques, IE 616 Decision Analysis and Game Theory, IE712 Selected Applications of Stochastic Models, IE718 Networks, Games and Algorithms, IE 708 Markov Decision Processes, IE 707 Multiplayer Decision Making Models (with Prof. Mallikarjuna Rao), IE 605 Engineering Statistics, IE 614 Linear Systems, IE 611 Introduction to Stochastic Models, IE 612 Introduction to Financial Engineering
I have developed these courses at IITB:
- IE 611 - Introduction to Stochastic Models, now IE 622 Probability and Stochastic Processes II,
- IE 712 - Selected Applications of Stochastic Models
- IE 612 - Introduction to Financial Engineering
- IE 708 - Markov Decision Processes
- IE 683 - Topics in Learning Algorithms
Other professional activities
- I have spent a Sabbatical at Dept. of CSA, IISc
- With Prof Y. Narahari and his students, I worked on some Mechanism Design (Protocol Engineering) problems arising from supply chains.
- With Prof S. Bhatnagar and his students, I worked on some problems involving simulation based optimization and stochastic approximations, arising from Communication Networks, etc.
- I regularly review articles for many journals and conferences